This year, author, journalist, and former national evening news anchor Dan Rather will serve as the 2020 spokesperson for Indies First, ABA’s national campaign in support of independent bookstores that takes place on Small Business Saturday, November 28, 2020.
In recent weeks, the legendary news anchor and author of What Unites Us: Reflections on Patriotism has been promoting independent bookstores via his Twitter account. He encourages everyone to visit their local indie bookstores on November 28 in honor of Indies First/Small Business Saturday and will be tweeting in the days leading up to the celebration.
How can you help your indie bookstore on Small Business Saturday?
- Pre-order a book
- Make a donation to your local store
- Support their fundraising campaign
- Buy a gift card
- Use them to mail gifts to your family
- Start a Libro.fm subscription
- Buy a subscription box
- Share on social media how much you love them!